Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Behind the Scenes

"Wait for the Lord;
    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord"
psalm 27:14



Wait. That word alone evokes all kinds of unwanted feelings doesn't it? We don't like to wait. For anything. We want what we want and we want it NOW. Waiting requires the one thing that makes our face twist into a very unattractive cringe... Patience.

We went to eat the other night for my aunt's birthday. Now there's a strange fact about me. Most people probably don't do this but I like to look in the kitchen of a restaurant. I'm not saying I sneak in there like some food creeper I just mean if it's one you can see into the kitchen from where you're sitting, I always look.

It's not because I'm worried about them spitting in my food (not really) it's because I like to see behind the scenes.

When I look around at the people carrying on their conversations I realize they have no idea how hard the people in the kitchen are working to prepare their food just right for them. Some of them get anxious, annoyed, or even rude waiting for their food.I'm sure you've never done that;)

How often do we do the same thing with God? We pray for something and have faith it will come but then when it doesn't come right when we hope or expect we start to lose patience. We start doubting it's ever going to come. We start getting anxious and frustrated wondering what's taking so long.

It's so easy to forget that we can't see the whole picture.We think we have it all figured out how we think it should go.We are so hungry for what we're craving that we feel nothing but disappointment when it doesn't come. It often feels like God isn't "doing his job"...at least not the way we'd like. Like somehow he's there to serve us.Wrong.

The truth is God is always working. HIS way.For HIS Glory. He doesn't take a break. He's not purposely trying to hold something from you to be mean, he knows how much it means...better than even you do.

He's making things happen for you. Even when you can't see it, even when you don't feel it, even when it's not evident. He's working on your prayers. because we know he has a much bigger and better plan than we could ever imagine. Don't give up.

One thing I have learned is that God works on you while you wait. He's building your faith, strengthening your character, developing your perseverance.Those are things that last a lifetime.

I don't know what it is you've been praying for. Maybe a loved one, a financial situation, healing. In our family it's been health and a baby. I can't tell you how many times Jeremy and I both have been heart broken when it hasn't happened how we hoped. But if we say we trust God that means trusting his timing. As hard as that can be.

Only he can see the Big picture.He knows what's best and we can have faith that even though we can't see it he's working behind the scenes.He's getting everything just right, making sure no components are missing and in the right time He'll answer and it will be better than you ever hoped for!



Prayer Starter: God I feel like I've exhausted myself praying for the same thing for so long now. Help give me rest and peace knowing you're working behind the scenes even when I can't see it. I might not understand what you're doing but help me to trust in your timing.No matter how long it's been I know nothing is impossible for you.














No comments:

Post a Comment