Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dream as Big as God

What happened to the BIG dreams we had as kids?-whether it be becoming a professional athlete (mine), an astronaut (Never mine) or president of the United States (definitely not mine!). But as we grow up life chips away at our dreams until they're trimmed down to a "reasonable" size.Why do we let other people or circumstances define OUR dreams?

I realize we are more realistic as adults (well some of us) but does that mean our faith should be smaller? Just because things have changed since we were young doesn't mean God has. God is the author of BIGNESS, not smallness. That will never change. God is still putting dreams in our hearts,even if they're different ones from when we were a child. 

Do you have a dream God has put on your heart?

You'll know if:
1. It is bigger than you.
2. You can't let it go.
3. You would be willing to sacrifice for it and do whatever it takes.
4. It requires faith.
5. It will make an impact.
6. It brings glory to God.

I've always loved writing. I like to do a lot of different things (especially creative stuff!) but my dream always comes back to writing.

So here's my Big dream. ready?- I want to be a best selling author! Yup. I want to write a Christian fiction book that will turn into a series, and then write a motivational book about my struggles with my health and how God's changed my life through it. It's something God's put on my heart for awhile now. 

I know it's going to take a lot of time, work, prayer,& instances where I'm out of my comfort zone...but I know the biggest thing it's going to take is Faith & that's how I know it's from God. 

At times (or to others) it may appear impossible but I know with God all things are possible. If it is His will for it to happen, nothing will stand in the way! 

So what's your dream? Does it go beyond you enough to require God's help? Is your dream impossible enough for you? If so, that's just right for God and too big is the perfect size for Him. 

God gave us different talents for a reason and we can find fulfillment if we use them for Him.  "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." Romans 12:6.

So what can you do today to take the 1st step towards your dream? Yes, I said TODAY. Do it! Don't wait! Don't even give it a second to let the excuses hold you back. If you look at your current circumstances, you’ll never start anything.  

There will always be a million reasons NOT to do something, but with God all you need is one reason to do it.   “God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or dream, according to His power that works in us.” Ephesians 3:20.

You don't have to have it all figured out right now, just take the first step of faith. I did it, and it feels AMAZING! I believe there's so much more God wants to show us in our lives if we would just choose to trust Him & Dream big!

Dream a dream so big only God can fulfill it.






 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment