Thursday, October 4, 2012

Elimination Diet:The Ultimate Friend

Day 3 (Wednesday) of my elimination diet was actually all together a pretty good day. Other than  having that ridiculous sunburn/on fire skin feeling and crazy fatigue.

If there's one thing going through a trial will reveal to you it's True Friendship.


The people that don't just 'say' they care about you but actually show it.


My husband and I got up at 4:30 am (yes you read that right) and went to the gym. I don't know if I could have done that on my own (feeling the way I do) but Jeremy encourages me.Always right there along side me in everything. He doesn't have to do this elimination diet but he is. Let me tell you giving up caffeine and "a little sweet something" is no small feat for my husband. But he's doing it to support me. He's walking beside me.He'd take the pain if he could.More than a husband, a best friend.


My family is doing much of the same diet.help me find ingredients from my list of "allowed foods" that don't seem to exist, Pray for me, lift me up, call just to see how I'm doing,My oldest sister researched and found this doctor for me because she just wanted me to feel better. My middle sister helps me cook and encourages me through the times I feel like mess. More than family, true Friends.


My friends text/call me just to check on me and tell me they're thinking about me. They send me scriptures, encouraging words,love on me,make me laugh (a lot) and pray for/over me.They're always there for me.Not just friends, genuine friends.


“As iron sharpens iron, so does a man (woman) sharpen another.”-Proverbs 27:17


I'm so glad I have these friends in my life that help me stay strong.


But there's a friendship I value even above all of these...


My friendship with Jesus Christ.


I realize that name doesn't always elicit the most comfortable feeling from people. You can say "God" all day long but there's something about saying the name Jesus and whoa buddy, things just got real.


That isn't a coincidence or a fluke. It's not just a name, it's THE name. It's the power in the name. A saving power not a condemning power sadly conceived by so many evoking fear or disgust. I'm not so naive as to ignore the fact that many so called Christians have come "in the name of Jesus" and used it to attack and bring pain and condemnation to lost people or even to other Christians. It breaks my heart to know that's happening (It breaks GOD's Heart) because that's not what Jesus is about, it never was!


John 3:17 says, "God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."


Just take a look at the bible.He didn't have condemnation for the sinners (murders,adulterers,idolators), He had compassion.


Jesus is more than my savior, He's my friend. If you've never experienced the saving grace of Jesus Christ than that may sound crazy to you. I'm okay with that. I know what Jesus did for me and what he's still doing for me.


Did you ever have an imaginary friend when you were a child or have a child who did? They believe that friend is there, taking part in everything they're doing, they talk to him/her, share secrets with them,they're always there, always listening. in a way it makes them feel safe because they know they're not alone.


There is nothing imaginary about Jesus. Even when you can't see Him, He's there. When you need someone to talk to, He's always listening. When you think no one understands you're pain, He does.(a Big one for me) 


I'm assuming everybody has a least one best friend. Now even if that friend isn't standing right in front of you, you know they're still there for you right? You know you can go to them with anything, call them with your problems, ask them when you need words of encouragement. They are your best friend for a reason. 


Everybody wants a friend in their life, we all need them. What about a friend that knows everything about you and loves you anyway? What about one who took the rap for not just some but ALL of your screw-ups? Who can not only offer hope in hopeless situations but actually supply it.Who can help you love the unlovable, forgive the unforgivable. Who died an undeserved,brutal death in your place so you could be free from hell? FREE.


"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."John 15:13


Jesus did that for me. He did that for you.  


I don't know what kind of impression you've been given of Jesus Christ but he doesn't want to condemn you he wants to befriend you. I'm so thankful for all the true friends in my life but most of all I'm thankful for Jesus, The Ultimate Friend.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment