Monday, April 15, 2013

Gettin' with it!

So awhile back I had several people tell me "you should start a blog." And being an avid lover of writing since I could form letters, I jumped at the chance and started this one. I love it! But I have to admit I've become somewhat of a slacker with it. Reasons are not important what is important is that I'm baaaaack!:)

But this time I'm going to do things a little differently. I've realized more and more how crazy busy people's lives are and while I've enjoyed writing the blogs I've already written I have to admit they've been a tad...shall we say...Long.Just a little. And I realized 'aint nobody got time for that!' I think it's because once I sit down to write if I don't have one area of focus there's no stopping me.My fingers get a mind of their own!

So awhile back I had a few ladies tell me I'm good with words and should start a bible verse devotional. Now while I was so crazy humbled and appreciative of that in all honestly I didn't really think anyone would really read it. So I didn't really give it another thought.

Well I've been praying a lot lately about a lot of things and one thing is how God wants me to use the things I'm passionate about.  Writing is a BIG one! And I realized it's not up to me to worry about who will read it or even if people will read it. It is up to me to be take the first step with what I feel he's gifted me with.

God blessed me with a compassionate heart since I can remember. I just love people and I can't help it! I love encouraging people and I love writing so who am I to say what God can or can't do with that? I'm just a tool, well you know what I mean...;) It's up to Him if and how he uses my writing. So starting tomorrow keep an eye out for my first devotional! I can't wait to see what God will show me through it and if he uses it to encourage even one person than all the better!

All I do know is life is short and there's too much hardship and pressure in the world today to not encourage others any way we can!I'm in a trial at this time in my life with my health so what better time to encourage than through that.And what better thing for encouragement than the B.I.B.L.E.?With God's help our problems can have purpose. So I'm gettin' with it!































1 comment: