Friday, April 19, 2013

Embrace the discipline!

"My dear child, don’t shrug off God’s discipline,
    but don’t be crushed by it either.
It’s the child he loves that he disciplines;
    the child he embraces, he also corrects."
Hebrews 12:10

I think as adults sometimes we forget that we aren't excused from needing to be taught. That even as wives, mothers, career women, grown adults there are still things that we need to learn. 

It's easy to get mad or frustrated with God when we're facing something difficult. We forget that life is growing and learning and God is the ultimate teacher.

Whatever you're going through may feel like punishment but it's not, it's training. 

I'm not a parent but I would think it'd be pretty irresponsible to leave a child to fend for themselves.You wouldn't tell your two year old,  "Mom and dad are going to leave you to figure out how to do everything on your own.There's food in the fridge.Peace out,See ya in two weeks!" Right? Why would we want God to do that to us? 

I tell you when I was young I didn't understand a lot of the discipline from my parents.Not that i got in trouble a lot....;) But now that I'm older I have so much more respect for it and for them.

Good parents discipline their children out of love, even when it isn't easy. They do what they think is best.We are God's children and He loves us more than we can imagine. He is doing what he knows is best for us, even when it's painful. He knows spoiling us won't teach us. It may feel good for awhile to have it all, for things to be easy but later on when trials hit we'll wonder why He didn't train us to handle them.

He wants to mold us into the best possible version of ourselves so we can bring Him the most glory. So we can reach our fullest potential. 

Discipline isn't always fun, but it is necessary. He has such a bigger purpose in mind than we can fathom.You might not understand why you're having to face the trouble you are but one day you'll see it will pay off, BIG time.

It’s the well-trained who become mature in their relationship with God and strong enough to face anything that may come their way. Be encouraged in knowing if you face hardships you're among good company of the most influential and faith-filled people in the bible. So embrace the discipline big or small and know even if you don't understand it, God is using it for an incredible purpose!




Prayer Starter: God I may not understand what you're doing or why at this time in my life but I know you have a plan. Help me embrace what I'm going through and trust you. Even when it's painful, even when I want to give up I believe you're strength will help me persevere.I can't do it alone though. I feel weak and beat down but I know in my weakness is when you are your strongest. Help me keep my eyes focused on you and help me remember that I am your child and all you do is out of unfailing love for me.













No comments:

Post a Comment